Well hooray for me – I have won an award! OK, OK, it’s not the Nobel Prize or an Oscar, but it’s still recognition for a blog which I have only been writing for 7 months and assumed that no one would ever read! Jill London has nominated me for the Sunshine Award and I am happy to accept! Thank you Jill!
cognition of the positive and creative inspiration someone provides through their blog. Bloggers nominate those whom they feel are most deserving of the award and so the sunshiny-happiness is spread around and shared across the blogosphere! I am completely honoured to know that my blog has captured the interests of others and I hope I can continue to live up to the award!
There are some rules to be adhered to and so I will endeavour to do the following:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Now, I’m not entirely clear whether or not you have to answer a set list of questions so I am going to improvise and pick some of the questions I think I would really like to answer. I hope no one minds!
- Favorite color: I guess it’s pink. I know it’s a cliché, but what can I say? It’s soooo pretty!
- Favorite animal: Now, this is a tough one. I adore my three cats and they are absolutely the best cats in the whole wide world as far as I’m concerned, however, unicorns are also pretty amazing and I probably have over a hundred that Mr B has ‘rescued’ for me over the years so…hmm…a tough one!
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Tea! Good old-fashioned proper tea. None of your fancy flavoured stuff, just Scottish Blend with loads of milk! Mmmmm!!
- Favorite alcoholic drink: Red Stag and Coke – alcoholic cherry cola!!
- Favourite food: Another cliché, but definitely chocolate. I love the stuff!!
- My passion(s): Cats, crafts and cooking! (But if you are reading this then I guess you probably already know that!) I guess I also love my job as a teacher so should probably add that here too.
- Prefer getting or giving presents: definitely giving! Mr B is always complaining that I am too generous but I don’t care! I love to make people smile with a little gift – especially if it’s something home-made or hand-picked!
- Favorite place: My own house. Its quiet and lovely and it’s where I get to be with my handsome Mr B. In the days when I worked with some of the most difficult young people with the most troubled pasts you could ever meet, coming home to my house was like stepping foot in a sanctuary of order, stability and love.
- Favorite book: The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Amazing.
- Proudest moment: Graduating with 1st Class Honours and a merit for teaching practice.
- Scariest thing you have ever done: Moving 250 miles from home by myself to start my teaching career
And now the hard part; choosing who to nominate and pay-it-forward to!
I would like to nominate the following interesting, inspiring and motivating bloggers for the Sunshine Award:
- Live Life Beautifully
- Write, Teach, Laugh
- Sweet Benanna and Sam
- Sweetly Prepared
- Rae’s Days
- Hello Mister Magpie
- Kate’s Creative Space
- Pillows A-La-Mode
- Bakin’ And Cabbage
- Sweet Little Brownies
There is absolutely no obligation on my nominees’ part to accept the award, but I really hope that they do and continue to spread the sunshine and inspiration! Enjoy!