Well, I think its safe to say that winter is definitely here! Its freezing cold outside, there’s been hailstones this morning and I am in snuggled up in my fluffy dressing gown, slippers and PJ’s – I’m having a duvet day and absolutely loving it!
I haven’t made myself a pot of soup in a while (mainly because between school and studying I haven’t had the time or the energy!) but I have a little recipe tucked up my sleeve from a few weeks ago and thought that all you lovely people might like something warming today.
- broccoli – I used a large head
- cauliflower – about the same amount as the broccoli
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- 150ml cream
- 150ml milk
- 50g cream cheese
- 1l chicken stock
- Sour cream (if you like it) to serve
- salt and pepper
- parsley to garnish
- Heat olive oil and gently fry the chopped onion.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the vegetables
- Bring back to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are soft and crumbly.
- I used my hand blender to liquidise the soup. You could use a large blender if you prefer.
- Add the milk, cream and cream cheese then bring back to the boil, making sure the cheese melts and is stirred in evenly.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper accordingly.
- Serve your soup with a sprinkling of parsley and a dollop of sour cream.
If you are looking for something easy and just a little bit different then this might be a good recipe to try. It took less than half an hour to make and tasted delicious!