This has fast become one of my all-time favourite soup recipes. It’s super-easy to make and tastes amazing! I like to have mine with an olive roll (sadly not homemade – thanks Tesco!) which has been slightly warmed and smothered in butter! Bliss on a chilly day!!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 400g asparagus
- 1 onion
- 500ml chicken stock
- 200ml milk
- 200ml double cream
- Chop the onion. It doesn’t have to be too fine because the soup gets blended at the end.
- Fry the onions over a medium heat until they are soft.
- Chop the asparagus and add it to the pan.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Add the chicken stock and bring it to the boil
- Season with salt and pepper and then simmer for ten minutes.
- Stir in the milk and cream then use a hand blender to make the soup smooth.
I told you this recipe was easy – it takes under 20 minutes. Even Mr B who doesn’t like asparagus liked this lovely creamy soup – that’s high praise indeed!