Christmas seems like so long ago and here I am just getting round to showing you a recipe I tried out for our Christmas dinner. Mr B and I have our own Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve before we spend the next two days with our families. It’s one of our special little traditions and is the only chance we really have over the festive period to be on our own.
This year we had roast pheasant for our main course and lemon meringue pie for dessert but our starter was something completely new –
The photos are never going to do this lovely little starter justice but let me assure you that it was absolutely amazing! It is such a simple recipe but it was delicious! You can’t see in this picture, but will see below, that there is a lovely layer of creamy, cheesy goodness underneath the pizza-style topping.
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 small jar of pizza sauce (you will probably need about half)
- 2 fat Pepperami sticks
- 1 small tub cream cheese
- 1/2 tub ricotta (about 175g)
- 1 tub grated parmesan (about 100g)
- 1 tsp oregano
- grated cheese (whatever you like, I used mozzarella and cheddar)
- Pre Heat oven to 160C. Grease a small baking dish.
- Chop the Pepperami into ‘circles’ and grill until lightly browned.
- Mix cream cheese, ricotta, parmesan and oregano in a bowl then spread the mixture into the bottom of your greased dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce over cheese mixture then top with Pepperami and grated cheese (like a pizza)
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve with bread sticks.
We sliced soda bread into ‘soldiers’ and used it to dip into the sauce. It was the definitely the yummiest and easiest dip I have ever made!